Cesar Alvarez attended the University of California, Berkeley where he received his Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in 1989 and his Masters of Science in Computer Science in 1990.
Cesar was a Software Engineer on Excel versions 3, 4, and 5, helping Microsoft Excel go from single digit market share to owning the market.
Cesar spent nine years as a professional market researcher for Connors Research and TradingMarkets.com. Cesar has been at the forefront of stock market research, having developed a number of successful trading systems now used by numerous investors and fund managers in the United States and internationally. Cesar has given trading presentations both over the web and in person to hundreds of traders.
For more about the site and myself read my Welcome post.
I have been living in the Seattle area since 1991 and loving all the sunshine.
Cesar was the primary researcher and co-author of the following research:
- How Markets Really Work
- High Probability ETF Trading
- Short Term Trading Strategies That Work
- Bollinger Bands® Trading Strategies That Work
- ETF Gap Trading Strategies That Work
- Twelve guidebooks published by TradingMarkets.com
- PowerRatings at TradingMarkets.com
I have made numerous presentations over the years. These include:
- From Internet idea to my trading account: Dual Momentum. Australian Technical Analysts Association, May 2015.
- The creation of a S&P500 stock rotation strategy. Australian Technical Analysts Association, May 2015.
- Using Stops: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Better System Trader, December 2015. Seattle Market Technicians Association, January 2016. International Federation of Technical Analysts, February 2016.
- Making new equity highs. It happens less than you think. Northwest Traders and Technical Analysts, May 2016
- AmiBrokerProduct Demonstration. Seattle Market Technicians Association, May 2016.
- AmiBroker Q&A and Advanced Concepts. Melbourne Australian Technical Analysts Association, May 2016.
Contact me if you would like me to make a presentation to your group.
I have been involved in the creation of over 100 trading strategies. These include equity day trading, equity swing trading, long term equity trading, equity options trading, emini swing trading, volatility day trading, volatility swing trading, ETF day trading, ETF swing trading, long term and ETF trading.
Created the prototype for TheMachine. Involved in the creation of most of the strategies in TheMachine
See testimonials here.